Journal of the International AIDS Society: Special Issue on Police, Law Enforcement, and HIV
posted on 7/20/2016 8:58:00 AM
- Focus on JIAS special issue covering the critical need for partnerships with police to both impact HIV risk behaviour and professionalise the role of police in public health.
- Expert panel discussion on how researchers, donors, programme implementers, civil society, and law enforcement are reshaping their work to create more effective partnerships in the global HIV response.
When: Wednesday, 20 July, 14:00-14:45 (SAST)
- Nick Thomson, International AIDS Society & Johns Hopkins University (moderator)
- Rick Altice, Yale University (lead author of JIAS special issue)
- Tom LaSalvia, U.S. Department of State / PEPFAR
- Ralf Jurgens, The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB, and Malaria
- Wamala Twaibu, Uganda Harm Reduction Network / LEAHN
- Ahmed Shehata, International Development Law Organization
- Luiz Loures, UNAIDS
- International AIDS Society
- International Development Law Organization
- Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health
- Law Enforcement and HIV Network (LEAHN)
Contact: Nick Thomson, +61.409.690.256
Remember to visit the online Media Kit regularly for the latest press conference updates and information.