Childcare Terms & Conditions
Childcare by Kingdom Kids is subsidized service provided for the 21st International AIDS Conference. Parents can book the morning or afternoon session (or both) for each day of the conference for a small booking fee (please refer to the form).
Kingdom Kids Pre-school dates back to 2007, from its inception 9 years ago, when the founder, from running a home school decided to make a difference in the community.
The following business activities have been and are still being conducted:
- Early Childhood Development Centre
- Enhance Training and Recruitment specializing in childcare
- Providing professional nanny and babysitting services
- Mobile Crèche services specializing in Conference and Events
The AIDS 2016 childcare service is provided by English-speaking childcare providers.
Registration for childcare is mandatory and must be done no later than Friday, 1st July 2016.
Childcare registration is not final until after a confirmation e-mail has been received stating whether the registration was accepted or denied. Accommodations for your child(ren) will only be guaranteed when you receive a written positive confirmation. Confirmations will be sent via e-mail within 48 hours of receipt of registration. Once you receive a positive confirmation, you must register your child for the conference as an “Accompanying Child”.
Children without an Accompanying Child badge will not be given access to the conference area, and therefore will not have access to the childcare room. Please note that children will also have to go through the same accreditation process as parents as requested by the South Africa Authorities.
- Fill out the enrolment form and send it to [email protected].
- Proceed with payment upon receipt of invoice and within 48 hours.
- After reception of a positive confirmation, all children/youth under the age of 18 need to be registered as accompanying children and be accompanied by an adult who is registered for the conference.
- In addition, a Parent/Guardian Consent Form must be completed for each accompanying child and submitted to the AIDS 2016 Registration Department.
Childcare services will be offered from 08:30 until 18:30 from Monday, 18 July to Friday, 22 July.
The childcare service will offer a variety of activities for children, including games, drawings, and handicrafts. The room is child-friendly, equipped with toys, venue furniture, and toilet facilities nearby.
Childcare will include daily exciting themes, arts & crafts, group games, music & movement, board games, story time, dramatic play, etc. Kingdom Kids will provide activities appropriate for each age group, using safe, sturdy equipment that parents can feel comfortable with.
More details will soon be shared.
Food and Meals
Food and snacks will not be provided to child(ren). Should you leave your child(ren) over lunch time, meals have to be organized in advance with Kingdom Kids.
Your requests have to be sent before Wednesday 29th June 2016 to [email protected].
Parents are required to have their own medical insurance which covers the cost of an ambulance should one be required.
As soon as a child is signed in and in the care of a Kingdom Kids staff member, the child is covered by Kingdom Kids’ liability insurance policy.
The insurance does not cover damage to personal belongings by the child’s own carelessness or negligence (for example, a child stumbles and shatters his or another child’s spectacles, or a child damages her own or another child’s clothes), loss of personal belongings, and theft of valuable belongings.
- For the safety of the children, please be prepared to show photo identification when picking your child(ren) from the childcare program.
- Label all clothes and toys brought to the childcare room with the child’s name.
- When signing in your child, please provide a Kingdom Kids carer with all important information about the child (including allergies, health conditions, as well as clear details on how to contact the parent during the day, etc.) It is the responsibility of the parent to provide this information to Kingdom Kids carers when signing in.
- Childcare will not administer any prescription medicine to the children. Parents must return to the childcare facility to dispense any medicine to their child(ren).
- For the health of other children in care, sick children will not be permitted in the childcare facility.
- Childcare for child(ren) with special needs due to disability is possible if organized in advance.
- No valuable items can be left with the child in the childcare facility.
- Any cancellation of a booking will forfeit fees, no refunds.